Hospitality Food & Beverage Assistant
Who Are We
We are the Motorpoint Arena & National Ice Centre, Nottingham. The largest entertainment venue in the East Midlands with a crowd capacity of 10,000. Showcasing the biggest names in music, comedy, entertainment and sport, we host over 100 events and welcome 800,000+ visitors through our doors each year. Home to the Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team, where they play 30+ home league & cups games each season.
What We Do
Here at the Motorpoint Arena & National Ice Centre, our people and those around us are at the heart of what we do and how we behave. Our passion is for our venue to be lived and breathed by everyone; whether they’re attending a concert, cheering on their favourite sports team or visiting us each day as their place of work.
Our Food & Beverage team offer an outstanding service across numerous and dynamic areas. Ranging from the 20+ bars and theme outlets to the 44 hospitality suites, hospitality bars & Spotlight restaurant. Outside of the events, we have 2 cafes and a sport & music bar that cater for the day to day visitors. We also have numerous conferences across our range of facilities. Away from our bread & butter, we specialise in outdoor Food & Beverage, where we have supported festivals & bespoke events all over the country.
What You Will Be Doing
Working across our hospitality areas, which includes our Spotlight Restaurant & Bar and Hospitality Suites, you will be supporting our Hospitality Managers & Supervisory team to deliver outstanding service.
Our Hospitality Suite guests includes both annual & single event clients and the ability to deal with a diverse range of customers is a must.
The Spotlight Restaurant & Bar offers pre-event dining to our hospitality packages and on non-event days can play host to a wide-range of private bookings such as breakfast meetings, conferences, company away days, wedding receptions & parties for many occasions.
Key Duties Include:
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to deal with a diverse range of customers
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- A keen eye for detail during service
- To comply with Company & statutory regulations relating to safe systems of work, health & safety, hygiene, cleanliness, fire & COSHH and to ensure that any hazards, issues, near misses & accidents are reported to your line manager at the earliest opportunity
- Being polite and courteous
- Understanding the food & drink menus
- To maximise sales opportunities and ensure customer choice & value is enhanced by offering up-sell products and promotions
- To carry out order taking including the use of written orders and/or electronic till & ordering systems
- To issue bills & obtain payment for these
- To ensure that they understand the responsibilities of responsible alcohol sales
- Support with conference setup & delivery of catering as and when required
- To comply with any reasonable requests made by your Line Manager
- Experience in working in a high-volume catering operation or restaurant setting
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbally
- Previous experience of using a till and taking cash & card payments is preferred
- Understanding of the responsibilities of responsible alcohol sales & Challenge 21
If this sounds like you please complete the details below to submit your application.