Food & Beverage Event Supervisor
WHO WE ARE?
We are the Motorpoint Arena & National Ice Centre, Nottingham. The largest entertainment venue in the East Midlands with a crowd capacity of 10,000. Showcasing the biggest names in music, comedy, entertainment and sport, we host over 100 events and welcome 800,000+ visitors through our doors each year. Home to the Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team, where they play 30+ home league & cups games each season.
The Motorpoint Arena Nottingham are currently recruiting for Food & Beverage Event Supervisors to join the team ready for the new season.
Your job purpose will be to lead and inspire the Food & Beverage team in your given areas of responsibility. To support the Food & Beverage Manager(s) to deliver a successful service that encompasses optimising sales, profitability and guest satisfaction; underpinned by a structured approach and executed with a high level of standard.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- To supervise the food & beverage team throughout service, ensuring staff welfare & breaks
- Where needed oversee the running of events
- To train and develop staff, and participate in staff meetings, as well as talent spotting within the team and working to develop talent
- To work to ensure that the concourse is set correctly and that all food & beverage supervisors have adequately set their bars and completed all paperwork as appropriate and in line with SOPs
- Responsible cash management including the safe distribution and return of floats
- To comply with and ensure all food & beverage supervisors are complying with company & statutory regulations relating to safe systems of work, health & safety, hygiene, cleanliness, fire & COSHH and to ensure that any hazards, issues, near misses & accidents are reported appropriately at the earliest opportunity
- To ensure all staff are adhering to our challenge 21 policy and responsible service of alcohol
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience in a high-volume catering environment
- Experience of motivating a team working in a high-pressure environment
- Knowledge of food hygiene and health & safety procedures
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to deal with a diverse range of customers
- Friendly, polite and well presented
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player
- Confidence in cash handling and use of tills
WHAT WE WILL OFFER YOU:
- An enhanced hourly rate + 12% additional holiday rate
- Casual contract
- Flexibility to work to around your commitments & studies
- 25% off F&B onsite
Your shifts will be based around our events calendar & subject to your availability, so will include evenings, weekends & bank holidays.
If this sounds like you please complete the details below to submit your application.