Who Are We
We are the Motorpoint Arena & National Ice Centre, Nottingham. The largest entertainment venue in the East Midlands with a crowd capacity of 10,000. Showcasing the biggest names in music, comedy, entertainment and sport, we host over 100 events and welcome 800,000+ visitors through our doors each year. Home to the Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team, where they play 30+ home league & cups games each season.
What We Do
Here at the Motorpoint Arena & National Ice Centre, our people and those around us are at the heart of what we do and how we behave. Our passion is for our venue to be lived and breathed by everyone; whether they’re attending a concert, cheering on their favourite sports team or visiting us each day as their place of work.
Our Food & Beverage team offer an outstanding service across numerous and dynamic areas. Ranging from the 20+ bars and theme outlets to the 44 hospitality suites, hospitality bars & Spotlight restaurant. Outside of the events, we have 2 cafes and a sport & music bar that cater for the day to day visitors. We also have numerous conferences across our range of facilities. Away from our bread & butter, we specialise in outdoor Food & Beverage, where we have supported festivals & bespoke events all over the country.
What You Will Be Doing
- Support the Executive Head Chef in the planning, delivery & execution of all F&B operations
- Deputise in the absence of the Executive Head Chef
- Oversee all areas of your responsibility, ensuring all SOP, cleaning schedules and policies are followed
- Ensure all deliveries are accurately and safely received, checked and all food is stored correctly
- Support and lead the culinary areas throughout the Arena
- Assist the Executive Head Chef with monthly stocktakes & reporting
- Actively contribute to the planning & costings of menus
- To promote a positive Health & Safety culture within the F & B team in accordance with company, local authority & national guidelines through training & auditing.
- Coach, mentor & develop your teams
- Stock management of all areas
- Ensure all equipment and machinery is in safe working order; all faults/repairs are reported to the Executive Head Chef
- Assist the Executive Head Chef with ordering, reporting and monitoring
- Margin management with keeping wastage to a sensible level
- Ensure recipes are delivered to specification with full compliance of nutritional & dietary requirements
- Collaboratively work and partner with numerous Arena departments
- Actively be involved in recruitment, appraisal, disciplinary processes
- Any other duties as assigned by the Executive Head Chef